Taking the industry forward
Sponda is an active participant in real estate and construction industry organisations in order to enhance the operating conditions in the industry and develop industry practices. Sharing Sponda’s own expertise and professional competencies is a significant aspect of this effort.
The key aspects of the priority are:
- Active participation in development work in real estate and construction industry organisations
- Sharing expertise and professional competencies
- Sponda’s own research and development work
Why is this a priority?
We want to promote best practices and prerequisites in the real estate industry by being an active participant in the activities of industry organisations. The industry faces many common challenges, such as those related to zoning and energy efficiency, which the companies and industry organisations can best overcome through co-operation.
Sponda also engages in its own research and development activities to create innovative and customer-focused solutions that benefit all of our customers. Sponda’s development work has a particular focus on the energy efficiency of properties, the effectiveness of customer service, and creating the business premises of the future. We also promote the sharing of knowledge and taking the industry forward by having our employees give lectures at industry events and educational institutes.
Our goal is to be the forerunner and the most responsible player in the real estate sector, particularly in environmental matters, such as the mitigation of climate change.
Developing the real estate industry
We are an active participant in the Finnish Association of Building Owners and Construction Clients (RAKLI). The association is an opinion leader in the real estate and construction industry, which strives to actively develop the industry, promote networking of experts and provide information about the economic situation, for instance. We develop consistency and transparency in financial reporting for the real estate sector through our activities in EPRA (European Real Estate Association), the umbrella organisation for listed European property investment companies. We also engage in wide-ranging co-operation with several other organisations in areas such as aiming to reduce the environmental load of the property sector and promoting corporate responsibility as well as consistency and transparency in financial reporting in the property sector.
We also participate in the development of cities in co-operation with cities, other property owners and various partners. The vitality of the city environment is also important for the appeal and rental demand of Sponda’s own properties.
Sponda is involved with the following organisations:
- WWF Finland, main partner in co-operation
- Green Building Council Finland (FiGBC), founding member
- Russian Green Building Council (RuGBC), member
- RAKLI (the Finnish Association of Building Owners and Construction Clients), member
- Finnish Business and Society ry (FiBS ry), member
- Finnish Council of Shopping Centres, member
- European Real Estate Association (EPRA), member
- Helsinki City Markkinointi (Helsinki City Marketing) ry, member
- Design District Helsinki, supporting member
- European Association for Investors in Non-listed Real Estate Vehicles (INREV), member
- Climate Partners network of businesses and the City of Helsinki, member