Transparent and ethical operations
The transparency and accuracy of information regarding Sponda’s operations is of the utmost importance to us. Responsible business operations and effective risk management also generate value for stakeholders and increase the company’s profitability. Transparent and ethical operations is one of our responsibility priorities, with the following components:
- Value generated for stakeholders
- Transparent communications and reporting
- Business principles
- Purchasing management and responsible purchasing
- Good governance and risk management
All of our operations are transparent and based on ethical operating methods and good governance. Sponda’s Code of Conduct provides ethical guidelines for the company and creates the foundation for its business operations and stakeholder co-operation. We also adhere to the UN Global Compact responsibility principles and report on our adherence with the principles annually as part of our Annual Report.
For us, transparency means, above all, reliable communications and reporting, which is something we develop continuously on the basis of interaction with stakeholders. In customer communications, our aim is interactive and regular communication.
Sponda’s financial reporting complies with existing legislation and standards.
Reporting on responsibility plays a key role
Our vision is to be the most responsible player in the property sector. With this in mind, we aim to continuously develop our responsibility reporting towards increased transparency. We monitor the development of reporting guidelines and report on our responsibility efforts annually in accordance with at least the following guidelines:
- Global Reporting Initiative (GRI)
- CDP Climate
- Global Real Estate Sustainability Benchmark (GRESB)
- UN Global Compact
A responsibly managed co-operation network
Companies, organisations and authorities in the construction and real estate industry have an important role in protecting against the grey economy and commercial crime. We promote responsible operating methods in the property sector in co-operation with our subcontractors by requiring that they operate transparently, comply with applicable legislation and regulations issued by the authorities, and conduct their communications in a timely and appropriate manner. The goal of our purchasing strategy is to:
- Produce high-quality property maintenance services in an optimal manner.
- Take energy efficiency and other environmental impacts into consideration in property development and renovation projects, as well as during the use of properties.
- Determine service provider selection criteria and service evaluation criteria, and develop contract models for property services, on the basis of providing incentives and guidance for producing good quality and improving service solutions.
Our contractual partners must have their own existing environmental systems and programmes that define the operating principles for taking environmental issues into consideration. Furthermore, partners are required to take the general objectives and operating principles defined in Sponda’s environmental policy into account in their operations. Sponda’s service providers must satisfy the provisions laid out in the Finnish Act on the Contractor’s Obligations and Liability when Work is Contracted Out.